How Sustainability Works: Hemp, Grid Energy, Vertical Farms & Beer, OH MY
Ever wonder how that wind energy you purchase through PECO gets to your house? Or how you can turn hemp into clothing? Curious about vertical farming? Join Green Philly for our upcoming educational event, “How Sustainability Works”. Speakers will teach a complicated topic into easy 5 minute lessons. Join us on January 23rd as we take a deeper dive into the latest technology, sustainability practices and how sustainability Stuff works!
Join us to learn:
- How the energy grid works - what happens when you purchase solar or wind energy?
- How vertical gardening saves 90% water than conventional agriculture
- How sustainable practices are used in the brewery process.
- How using hemp as a fabric fiber is more beneficial to the environment than cotton.
- Mark Sunderland- Hemp Black
- Morgan Pitts-Energy Co-op
- Casey Tabor- Philly Microgreens
- Peggy Zwerver- Earth-Bread + Brewery
- Rebecca Davies-Remark Glass
- Nic Esposito-The City of Philadelphia
- Gabriella G. Paez-Nueva Esperanza Inc.